A white blood cell (WBC) count is a test that measures the number of white blood cells in your body. This test is often included with a complete blood count (CBC). The term “white blood cell count” is also used more generally to refer to the number of white blood cells in your body.
There are several types of white blood cells, and your blood usually contains a percentage of each type. Sometimes, however, your white blood cell count can fall or rise out of the healthy range.
Total WBC Count Test Procedure:
- Patient Sample (EDTA)
- Test Tubes
- Neubauer Counting Chamber
- Cover Glasses (Cover Slips)
- Hand counter
- Turk’s Solution
- Take 0.38 ml of Turk’s Colution and 20ul of Blood in a test tube.
- Mix the blood and Turk’s Solution by shaking with thumb and finger over the end.
- Fill The Neubauer Chamber by Micropipette.
- Place the counting chamber on the microscope stage and allow 2-3 min. for the cells to settle.
- Count the number of white cells in four large corner squares marked “W”.
- Cells which are touching the left-hand lines or upper lines of the square are included in the count, while cells touching the lower and right margins are excluded.
- After The Countion celles then calculate the total wbc count for this formula
Total WBC Count = Total Cells(4 squares) x 50
|WBC (TLC)||4.0 – 11.0 x 109 /l||4.0 – 11.0 x 109 /l|
- One of the ways I protect paraffin slides is to dip in hot paraffin and […]
- Unstained paraffin sections offer very low contrast and therefore cannot be evaluated microscopically in routine […]
- The objective of this step is to cut 4–5 Mm-thick sections from paraffin blocks. This […]
- Once tissue samples are infiltrated by paraffin, they are removed from the cassettes and carefully […]
- After fixation, tissue samples need to be properly trimmed to reach the adequate size and […]
- A Amylase is secreted by the pancreas into the duodenum where it aids the catabolism […]
- Urine culture results should be interpreted in conjunction with clinical symptoms of urinary tract infection […]
- A urine culture is a test that can detect bacteria in your urine. This test […]