The mean corpuscular hemoglobin , or “mean cell hemoglobin” (MCH), is the average mass of hemoglobin (Hb) per red blood cell (RBC) in a sample of blood. It is reported as part of a standard complete blood count. MCH value is diminished in hypochromic anemias.
Why Get Tested:
- It is done as part of blood indices.
- It is done to diagnose anemia.
When to get Tested:
- when you have signs and symptoms of anemia (weakness, fatigue).
- when you have signs and symptoms of polycythemia (dizziness, headache)
- At regular intervals to monitor a disorder that affects RBCs and to evaluate the effectiveness of treatment
- The best sample is EDTA blood.
- Stable 6 hours at 25 °C and 24 hours at 4 °C.
- Fetal blood collected percutaneous from the umbilical area.
|MCH||26 – 32 pg||26 – 32 pg|
Test Procedure or calculation
MCH Result will be detect with Calculation.
Increased MCH is seen in:
- Macrocytic anemia and in newborn.
Decreased MCH is seen in:
- Microcytic anemia.
- Hypochromic anemia.
- PCR amplification is a popular method used to amplify the short DNA fragments, and also […]
- Screening children for catecholamine-secreting tumors with a 24-hour urine collection when requesting testing for only […]
- A urine culture is a test that can detect bacteria in your urine. This test […]
- Investigation of possible acute interstitial nephritis Eosinophils are white blood cells that normally do not […]
- A valproic acid test measures the amount of valproic acid, which is an anticonvulsant medicine, in […]
- Vitamin B12 is vital for good health. Your body needs steady levels of this nutrient […]
- This IgE allergy test uses a blood sample to determine if you are allergic or […]
- Our Comprehensive Food Allergy IgE Test Panel uses a small blood sample to determine if […]
- Motility test can define as the analytical method, which examines whether the bacteria are motile […]
- T-SPOT.TB is a type of interferon-gamma release assays (IGRA) used for latent and active tuberculosis […]
- Dengue is an infectious disease caused by ‘dengue virus’ (DENV) which is a RNA virus […]
- This test is used for the detection of fibrin/fibrinogen degradation products in patients suspected of […]
- This test is used as one of the tests to diagnose Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE), […]
- A pregnancy test is used to confirm that woman is pregnant or not. Markers used […]
- Basically syphilis is a bacterial infection frequently transmitted by sexually intercourse. The disease begin as […]
- VDRL is a non treponemal micro flocculation test which is used for the screening of […]