When your immune system is strong, you have a better chance of fighting off colds and other infections. LTG gives you tips to strengthen your immunity.
To fight the Coron virus, our body needs a very strong defensive system or immunity. In this pandemic of the Corna virus, we need to boost our immune system.
There is a major role in the diet containing well-balanced nutrients like a variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, seeds, nuts, and seafood.
Take the foods which are rich in:
- Boost the immune system.
Role of free radicals:
- Free radicals are unstable molecules that can damage the cells in our body.
- These are basically unstable atoms which can damage the cells and lead to diseases.
- These radicals are missing one electron and they take an electron from any of the cells (including immune cells) and cause damage to it.
Role of antioxidants:
- In the body, our cells particularly immune cells are hit by free radicals, which is a harmful oxygen molecule are created in great numbers every day.
- So these free radicals are missing one electron and these will get from any cells in the body. Whenever they get an electron from the cells, that cells will be dead or damaged.
- Now, these antioxidants come in between the healthy cells and the free radicals. and prevents damage to the cells.
Anybody getting enough amount of the antioxidants will get sick 23 days per year, while the person deficient in antioxidants get sick 48 days per year.
Antioxidants and free radicals role
Source of nutrient and antioxidants:
- Vitamine C.
- Vitamine E.
- These foods also increase the killer cells of the immune system which can easily destroy the foreign material (antigen) which may be bacteria or viruses.
- Beta-carotene: So we need the foods which are rich in beta-carotene for boosting the immune system are:
- Winter squash.
- Sweet potato.
- Broccoli and kale.
- Carrot one or two large has 15 to 30 grams of beta-carotene per day, and that is a sufficient amount of beta-carotene to boost immunity.
- People getting 30 mg of beta-carotene per day will have more natural killer cells and virus-killing lymphocytes in the circulation.
- Eating one sweet potato and one large carrot will give 30 mg of beta carotene. This will boost immunity.
- Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant. It boosts the immune system through the production of interferon which will destroy the viruses in the body.
- Vitamin C also increases the glutathione which also makes the immune system strong.
- Vitamin C also fight the colds and decrease the duration of illness.
- The dose is variable some believe that 200 mg/day (DV) is the minimum dose.
- Source of vitamin C:
- Citrus fruits.
- Rose hips tea.
- Vitamin E has also a role in boosting immunity.
- Vitamin E produces interleukin-2 which can destroy bacteria, viruses, and the cancer cells.
- DV value of vitamin E is 30 IU.
- Avoid high-fat food which increases the aging of the immune system.
- It increases the cells damaging free radicals.
- Take more healthy foods rich in antioxidants and avoid fatty foods.
- The study found that people who eat cheese, yogurt, and chocolate every day have a lower risk of heart disease.Research shows that a plant-based diet can improve heart health. You don't need to go […]
- More than a year after the emergence of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, researchers […]
- Morphology, peripheral blood smear, biochemical tests and preliminary investigations for the diagnosis of iron deficiency […]
- When your immune system is strong, you have a better chance of fighting off colds […]
- A new medical robot specially created for blood sampling that performed better than human health […]