This is a special type of medium that is used to grow microorganisms that are damaged and have lost the ability to produce due to certain harmful environmental factors.
This culture allows the organisms to regain their metabolism by providing the nutrients that the organisms had been deprived of. For example, a type of bacteria that requires histamine for its growth is subjected to a medium that lacks this essential component, its growth will be inhibited.
If the same bacteria are placed in a medium consisting of histamine, it will start to grow again. In this case, the medium containing histamine will act as the resuscitation medium. An example of a commonly used resuscitation culture medium is Tryptic Soy Agar.
Types of Culture Media :
There are some types of important culture or growth media used in microbiological laboratories:
- The Preservation Culture Media
- The Enrichment Culture Media
- Selective Culture Media
- Differential Culture Media
- Resuscitation Culture Media
- General Purpose Media
- Gram-positive bacteria are the genus of bacteria family and a member of the phylum Firmicutes. […]
- Urine culture results should be interpreted in conjunction with clinical symptoms of urinary tract infection […]
- A urine culture is a test that can detect bacteria in your urine. This test […]
- The discs-diffusion test is based on the fact that for a given antibiotic, the size […]
- General Purpose media is designed to grow most organisms and do not contain growth inhibitors. […]
- This is a special type of medium that is used to grow microorganisms that are […]
- To screen for excess protein in the urine, to help evaluate and monitor kidney function, […]
- The microalbuminuria test is a urine test that measures the amount of albumin in your […]