Refers to a person who is not infected with the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). HIV is the virus that causes acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS).
HIV stands for Human Immunodeficiency Virus. It is the virus that can lead to acquired immunodeficiency syndrome or AIDS if left untreated. Unlike other viruses, the human body cannot completely eliminate HIV, even with treatment. So once you get HIV, you have it for life.
Read more about HIV
- Removal of some of a person’s blood and its replacement with equal amounts of donor […]
- Repeated inability to achieve or sustain an erection The post Erectile dysfunction appeared first on […]
- Outbreak of an infectious disease that spreads rapidly among a population in a defined geographic […]
- Condition marked by the presence, growth, and function of endometrial tissue (lining of the uterus) […]
- Originating in or produced within an organ, tissue, cell or by the body. The term […]
- Cells or tissue that produce hormones released into the bloodstream that have an affect on […]
- Inflammation of the membranes lining the interior of the heart and heart valves The post […]
- Commonly occurring in a particular population or geographic region The post Endemic appeared first on […]