Cardiolipin IgA refers to immunoglobulin A antibodies specific to cardiolipin, a phospholipid found in the inner mitochondrial membrane and certain bacterial cell walls. The presence of Cardiolipin IgA antibodies can be associated with autoimmune disorders such as antiphospholipid syndrome (APS), which may cause abnormal blood clotting and pregnancy complications. Testing for Cardiolipin IgA antibodies is performed to aid in the diagnosis and monitoring of autoimmune conditions related to clotting disorders.
|Also Known as
|Anticardiolipin Antibodies, Cardiolipin Antibodies, aCL Antibody
|The cardiolipin antibodies test looks for a specific type of antibody in your blood. An antibody is a substance in your blood that helps fight infection.
|No Special Preparation Required
|Cardiolipin ab IgG, IgM, IgA
|4 ML (3 ML Min.) Serum From 2 SST’s. Ship Refrigerated Or Frozen.
Why to Get Tested:
- To help investigate inappropriate blood clot formation,
- To help determine the cause of recurrent miscarriages,
- This test is part of an evaluation for antiphospholipid syndrome or sometimes other autoimmune diseases
When to Get Tested:
- When you have had one or more unexplained blood clots (thrombotic episodes) in a vein or artery
- When you have had recurrent miscarriages, especially in the second and third trimesters
- when you have symptoms consistent with an autoimmune disease
Tests can measure IgG or IgM , which may have different cut-off points to be considered positive or negative.
Cuttof Point : 15.0
Negative: < 12.5 MPL U/ml
Equivocal: 12.5-20.0 MPL U/ml
Positive; > 20.0 MPL U/ml
Negative Result Mean:
A negative result means no cardiolipin antibody was detected in the blood. However, cardiolipin antibodies may take some time to develop in those with autoimmune disorders
Positive Result Mean:
A positive result means that cardiolipin antibody was detected in the blood. As mentioned earlier, the presence of cardiolipin antibodies may indicate several diseases, such as:
- Antiphospholipid syndrome (APS)
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)
- Behçet’s disease
Keywords: cardiolipin,cardiolipin igg elisa kit,cardiolipin igm,cardiolipin test,cardiolipin antibody,cardiolipin synthesis,cardiolipin antibody igm,cardiolipin antibody igg,cardiolipin antibody iga,cardiolipin antibodies test,cardiolipin in mitochondria,cardiolipins,cardiolipin antibody igg positive,cardiolipin antibodies normal range,cardiolipin function,cardiolipin antibodies,biosynthesis of cardiolipin,describe the biosynthesis of cardiolipin,
Possible References Used